There’s been a buzz about ‘going solar’ for a number of years, but you didn’t know if it would be a good decision for your home. You’ve probably had lots of questions about it but didn’t know who to ask. You’re not alone. So, let us give you some answers to help you in your quest for knowledge. Here are some common questions, along with our answers:
1) Why should I ‘go solar’? When you install a solar energy system on your property, you will not only save money on your electric bill and protect yourself against rising electricity costs, but you’ll also contribute to a more sustainable, environmentally friendly world because it produces fewer greenhouse gases and fewer air pollutants. And it will also increase the value of your home. Win. Win. Win.
2) How does solar work on my home? Solar panels collect energy from the sun and convert it into direct current (DC). That energy is passed through an inverter to convert it into the type of energy most homes and businesses use, alternating current (AC). Any excess energy is fed back into the electric grid and usually works as a credit to supply your energy when the sun isn’t shining.
3) Are there financing options? There are many ways to pay for a solar system. You can always pay cash. Or, take out a loan to buy your system over time as you save on your utility bill. Or there are solar leases or Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) in which you pay a monthly amount for the power generated by your system.
4) How do I choose a solar company? Because of solar’s popularity, lots of companies have begun to offer solar installations. Don’t be fooled. You will want to make sure that your installer is certified, licensed, and insured. Make sure they have relevant experience and can provide references. You want a company with financial strength so it will be around for the life of your system. Our company is a SunPower Master Dealer, which means we have the trust, experience, and customer satisfaction that the industry leader, SunPower, demands.
5) Are all panels about the same? Absolutely not! SunPower solar panels consistently deliver more energy and long-term peace of mind with the highest-performing solar power systems available. Rated #1 in durability in third-party testing, their panels provide 70% more energy in the same space over 25 years when compared with others. We install SunPower for our customers because of their efficiency (more power = more savings), and the industry-leading warranty ensures decades of trouble-free solar savings.
Let us answer all of your questions. Go solar with [company] and save now and long into the future. Talk to our sales staff for more information.
This post originally appeared on the SunPower Resource Blog.